With all the puzzle pieces that make up a AAA video game, how do you make sure that those pieces are put together in the correct way and at the right time? This is where Associate Producer Lisa Kretschmer and her team comes in!
How do you project manage all the different development teams in an efficient way? How do you plan the sprints – and what even are sprints? What is SCRUM and agile development? How do you manage creative people and enable them to do their magic? How do make sure deadlines are kept? And what does being a leader actually mean?
Also, make sure you pay attention to the pastry Lisa brought – it might be one of the most beautiful ones ever featured on the Fika Sessions.
Tools & Links:
- Clinton Keith – Agile Game Development with SCRUM
- Travis Bradberry, Jean Greaves – Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Susan Jeffers – Feel the Fear …and Do It Anyway
- Kim Scott – Radical Candor
- Joanna Root, Dean Hume – The People Manager
- Patrick Lencioni – The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
THE FIKA SESSIONS EPISODES
- Episode 1 – Narrative in Video Games
- Episode 2 – Level Design in Video Games
- Episode 3 – An Introduction to Programming
- Episode 4 – An Introduction to 3D Character Art
- Episode 5 – Audio in Video Games
- Episode 6 – What is Game Design in Video Games?
- Episode 7 – Shining a Light on Light in Video Games
- Episode 8 – Communications at a Game Studio
- Episode 9 – Gameplay Programming in Video Games
- Episode 10 – Build & Infrastructure Engineering
- Episode 11 – User Experience Design in the Video Game Industry