In this new episode of our Fika Sessions, we meet Daniel Gonzalez, Build & Infrastructure Engineer at Massive Entertainment, to discuss details about what it takes to get the actual game to your machines.
So you have all the graphics, audio, animations and gameplay programming. How do you get all of that into one package you can play on your console or PC? Enter the Build Engineers. Daniel and his team take all of that, put it on their machines and start creating their game builds.
Join us as we find out more about how that process works, but also about concepts such as devops (development operations), automation and alerts when working on major computer engineering projects.
Also, for the fika itself, what ARE those things?!
Tools & Links:
THE FIKA SESSIONS EPISODES
- Episode 1 – Narrative in Video Games
- Episode 2 – Level Design in Video Games
- Episode 3 – An Introduction to Programming
- Episode 4 – An Introduction to 3D Character Art
- Episode 5 – Audio in Video Games
- Episode 6 – What is Game Design in Video Games?
- Episode 7 – Shining a Light on Light in Video Games
- Episode 8 – Communications at a Game Studio
- Episode 9 – Gameplay Programming in Video Games