In this episode of the Fika Sessions, Petter Mårtensson sits down with Alex Riviere, Audio Director at Massive Entertainment, to discuss audio direction for video games and his unique journey into the gaming industry.
How do you create a sound? And how can a sound affect how we play and feel about a game? These are some of the many topics that Alex walks us through as he talks about his role as an Audio Director. It’s a role that includes everything from defining strategies and visions for games, to implementing individual sounds, and travelling the world to capture the sounds of a specific bird.
Alex also brought some fika that is highly inspired by his home country!
the fika sessions episodes
- Episode 1 – Narrative in Video Games
- Episode 2 – Level Design in Video Games
- Episode 3 – An Introduction to Programming
- Episode 4 – An Introduction to 3D Character Art
- Episode 5 – Audio in Video Games