In this episode of the Fika Sessions, Luca Buonamici, Lead Lighting Artist at Massive Entertainment, gives us an insight into how you work with light and lighting in video games.
Compared to the 2D planes of a movie screen, how do you light up a scene that can be viewed from 360 degrees? During the show, Luca shares his knowledge about how light affects mood, guide players and how it makes “the beautiful more beautiful”.
Also, what are those wafer-thin cookies on the table?
THE FIKA SESSIONS EPISODES
- Episode 1 – Narrative in Video Games
- Episode 2 – Level Design in Video Games
- Episode 3 – An Introduction to Programming
- Episode 4 – An Introduction to 3D Character Art
- Episode 5 – Audio in Video Games
- Episode 6 – What is Game Design in Video Games?
- Episode 7 – Shining a Light on Light in Video Games