Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
Join us and help create a next generation data versioning system for Snowdrop! As a Version Control Engineer, you will have the opportunity to empower our developers to create ambitious AAA games and collaborate with a diverse team of programmers, data managers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that take performance, memory, and load times into account. Utilize your technical expertise and become an integral part of shaping the future of gaming!
As part of our Editor and Technology team, you will have the opportunity to work on Snowdrop, our in-house engine, and help drive its continued development. You will join a friendly team that values technical transparency and collaboration, and together you will work towards achieving shared goals.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Developing and optimizing engine systems and tools to ensure smooth and safe iteration on work.
- Identifying and resolving recurring issues and pain points in collaboration with build engineers and data managers.
- Creating user-friendly tools for data version control systems and their associated backend and connecting technologies.
- Testing, debugging, and iterating on new and existing engine systems and tools.
What you’ll bring
You are service minded, organized and appreciate efficiency. You can work independently and recommend effective solutions based on your professional experience and technical expertise. To succeed in this position, you should have a strong technical understanding and be comfortable working with systems that are constantly changing and improving.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Tools Development and Perforce, Git, or other version control systems
- Proficiency in C++ programming and multi-threaded development
- Knowledge in performance analysis tools and optimization
- Solid grasp of network programming concepts; network programmer experience not required
- Demonstrated success working with large-scale codebases
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python