We're entering an R&D phase for our in house game engine – Snowdrop, and we've an opportunity for a Senior UX Designer to have a major impact on the future of our tool suite.
Snowdrop's a powerful, dynamic, tailor-made engine that empowers more than 1,000 internal content creators at Massive Entertainment & Ubisoft.
Your challenge will be to consult internal stakeholders (artist, designer and programmers), apply design thinking (think Usability Heuristics and Gestalt Theory) to enhance the usability of our tool suite. Ultimately making snowdrop users more efficient and eliminating unnecessary steps in their workflow. You’ll work directly with a team of Tech & Tools programmers to implement these changes.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Champion the user experience;
- Designing logic, layout and flow of the Snowdrop user interface (UI) based on information architecture and accessibility principles;
- Improving workflows: Identifying user behavior, goals, motivations and needs through various methods;
- Wireframing and UI prototyping;
- Understand, manage and make the UI coherent throughout various features;
You as a person are interested and curious about how people consume and interact with content. When you say “user first” you mean it, and you can back up your claims by showing your approach on previously launched products. You’ve led product initiatives where you’ve collaborated with different groups in order to achieve the defined goals and a successful product launch.
- A design portfolio should be attached to your application that demonstrates relevant design principles;
- Minimum four-years proven experience as a UI/UX Designer;
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, computer science, related field or relevant work experience;
- Solid analytical, creative and visual thinker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual;
- Experience with design tools (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, After Effects, Quartz Composer, Framer Studio, etc.);
- Solid understanding of design principles (e.g. info hierarchy, layout, typography, color);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is essential;
- Familiarity with game editors (Unity, Unreal, Cryengine etc); 3D packages (Houdini, Maya, Blender, 3DsMax) and some understanding of visual scripting;
- Knowledge of or background in programming;
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.