At Massive we are currently looking for a Technical Writer/Editor who will manage large amount of content, organize and distribute complex information about our in-house engine Snowdrop. This entails internal communication about engine for example specifications, limitations and tools in a clear, concise and accurate manner to the developers at Massive and Ubisoft, to improve readability and understanding in the development teams.
In this position, you will be frequently interacting with multiple teams and disciplines, to support and make sure they reach their targets and goals.
This is a full time position and will require relocation to Malmö, Sweden.
- Organizing and rationalizing documentation for multiple products created and/or used at Massive
- Write and improve technical documentation for the developers, this includes identifying specific needs for developer guides along with writing them with developer support, and analyzing developers’ requirements and craft documentation structure to suit their daily tasks
- Developing and defining content organization, information architecture, guidelines, and governance to create and ensure discoverable and relevant documentation.
- Definition and backing of workflows to ensure the documentation is kept up-to-date and relevant
- Editing, clarifying, and proofreading of technical documents written by your colleagues, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills as needed
You as a person
You are a structured and good writer, with great organizing, editing and communication skills. If you have an interest in video games, and familiar with different video game media that is an advantage. You are a sociable person that enjoy providing support to your team and colleagues. To succeed in this role you are willing to take initiative and you are capable to adapt and handle change quickly.
Furthermore, you are a great teammate, dedicated to the job and you easily and efficiently interact with people. At the same time, you have the ability to work independently and like working within large groups and in multiple projects at a time. You have a skilled eye for spotting essential details, and you are capable to handle large amounts of information in an efficient manner by prioritization and multi-tasking.
Required skills and experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in technical writing/editing or product/developer documentation
- Ability to independently manage multiple technical writing projects simultaneously and deliver outstanding work products.
- Strong at technical writing and editing. Experience in wiki edition is a plus.
- Able to understand and prepare content according to the client requirements
* If possible, please attach a writing sample in your application. This is not a must.