Here at Massive, we are building an original game set in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We are excited to tell original stories on Pandora, and we are now searching for a Technical Producer to reinforce Avatar’s Project Management team.
Reporting to the Senior Producer, you will be an important part of the game development and have the opportunity to manage some of the best teams in the industry. As a Technical Producer, you'll work closely with our game team producers to determine their needs, work with our experienced technology, tools and infrastructure teams to produce a roadmap, and then help them bring it to life. You are passionate about working with complexity and understands how to bring design to life starting from the technical foundation.
The role includes both a technical and production focus were you will be responsible for implementing and improving processes, methods and tools in order to deliver the features and technology that we build. You will be in charge, using the resources allocated, to deliver on time and with the quality required the part of the game you manage. The role require the ability to track the progress of the team, to achieve the production objectives and to ensure that the team members remain committed and highly motivated.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Collaborating with Directors and Leads to establish long term feature schedules, milestone definitions and phase/sprint goals
- Help negotiate requirements for feature requests between technology and content teams
- Coordinate with studios within Ubisoft and partners and build successful partnerships
- Organizing and optimizing the team workflow to ensure a simpler and clearer coordination and communication
- Identifying risks, issues and plan for mitigation in order to reduce impact on the content, schedule and/or quality
- Ensuring to track the progress of the team and initiate contingency plans
- Ensuring proper bug management (reports, priorities, etc.)
- Leading and managing senior staff members and help them developing a culture of feedback and constant improvement
- Determine human resource needs, set up and follow up on the hiring and assignment plans
You as a person
You are passionate and curious about games and game development. You are able to understand technical challenges, solve complex problem and transform them into an action plan with the delivery target in mind. You are inclusive and able to take and give feedback to improve yourself and your team. Furthermore, you have a proactive approach and are willing to help out on every part where your knowledge and skills are needed. You show a strong work ethic regarding team development and the well-being of your team members.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Producer or Associate Producer role within the video game industry
- Able to understand and participate in technical discussions in broad subjects at a high level and coordinate complex technical problem solving
- You’ve got at least one full game (shipped) project under your belt in a production role
- Game development tools knowledge and work experience (game engines, VFX, procedural technology, AI, etc.)
- Knowledge of game development methodology
- Management experience
- Preference to applicants with programming or other technical experience