We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join the Uplay project; Ubisoft’s digital distribution platform. You will join a multi-disciplinary team, where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and is encouraged to continue learning new things. The Uplay team is characterized by passion and the love of PC gaming. You will work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
You will manage a small but growing team of programmers who develop shared solutions to support live operations of our games. You will be responsible for the overall development and staffing of the team in order to achieve the strategic direction and objectives set in the team. You must possess excellent organization and communication skills and strong team management skills to support the team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Ensure the administrative monitoring of the team (e.g. absence planning and validation and business trips planning)
- Identify recruitment needs and participates in the recruitment & onboarding process
- Do regular One-on-One talks with team members to gather needs and give feedback
- Define team member development and career path opportunities with team members and mentor them to achieve goals.
- Take care of performance ratings and provide constant transparency for it with our internal tools
- Anticipate and recognize potential team related risks & conflicts and recommend solutions to management
- Develop tools & best practices to support the development team in their daily work
- Manage the communication between the different internal and external parties and ensures that operation resources are focused on the right areas
- Maintain excellent knowledge on Ubisoft and especially Team Management processes, reinforce them and propose enhancements as per reality in the operational field
- Suggest and perform improvement methods for tasks organization within the team
You as a person
You have excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills. You are passionate about technology and keep yourself up-to-date with the latest trends in your domain. To succeed in this position; you have great managerial experience and a big interest of making strong teams and driving learning and development. You are highly supportive, helping your team to do get things done efficiently with a proactive problem-solving mindset. You show integrity in everything that you do and you are familiar with handling people at all levels and enjoy making all process smoother for the developers. You are comfortable with taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Team Lead/ Manager
- Experience/ knowledge in technologies and software development
- Experience with software engineering
- Passion for computer games
- Knowledge of Scrum methodologies
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.