Are you looking to have a unique impact on a multi-million daily user platform where the players are front and center? Do you have extensive experience working with system development and digital distribution in cross-functional teams? Then this is the position for you! Uplay is currently looking for a Technical Director with extensive experience with developing technology systems.
Reporting to the Uplay Producer, you will need; strong business and technical leadership, the skill to influence and drive processes forward, be a hands-on doer and a technical innovator. You will ultimately make a successful user experience for all customers using Uplay and technical decision who can support the ongoing development. In this position, you’ll interact with leads and directors within Uplay and stakeholders from different game projects.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. The role requires you to travel occasionally. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Setting technical direction together with leads and technical directors
- Drive launches and improve processes
- Identify technical areas that needs to be improved
- Make sure Uplay delivers on the technical vision
- Audit technical quality and capability
- Collaborate with game projects around the globe
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders and developers
We are looking for a person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a major client focus. It is important you can lead and inspire in a technical environment and collaborate with both technical and non-technical talent. You’re driven and passionate about developing a digital distribution platform for games with millions of users. We believe that you are a structured, result-oriented person with focus on innovation. Furthermore, you believe in team ownership of what you create, and you will be working with your colleagues to learn, share ideas and solve complex problems. You constantly innovate and improve product quality and group productivity. To succeed, you’ll need to be excellent of building strong relationships. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 5 years professional experience working as a Lead Programmer / Senior Engineer / Senior Software Architect / Technical Director or in a similar position
- Extensive experience with leadership and team management
- Experience as a system architecture when it comes to design, planning, execution and technical leadership
- Experience with large scale online infrastructure and cloud infrastructure
- Solid knowledge of online development, stacks, best practices and standards
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.