We are looking for a Technical Animator for our work on Avatar together with Massive in Malmö. In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining scalable rigging setups for in-game and cinematic characters. High quality is something we believe is important and you will work to deliver the best visual experience possible.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Develop and support to the highest quality: characters, facial, weapon, and specialized rigs in Maya and Motion Builder
- Work closely with the animation team to define, create, and maintain animation pipelines and rigs
- Create custom tools and scripts to increase the productivity and efficiency for animation
- Provide constant technical support for the tools and engine for the animation team and be the technical point of contact for all technical animation issues
- Identify and implement production ready rigs/tools/ systems together with the animation team
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their rationales to the animation team and other knowledge-sharing activities
- Work with a node-graph-based tools/workflow in Snowdrop™
You as a person
You have a strong interest in games and a creative, team-spirited mindset with an eye for details. High quality and standards is your daily bread and butter and really what you want is to create the best game experience ever. You are excited by the possibilities of what AAA games brings to the table and you are constantly exploring the next frontiers of animation technology. Jumping in headfirst and learning new things (and document it) is more of a hobby than a challenge.
- Few years’ experience as a technical animator, building tools to improve animation, rigging and / or character pipelines
- Good knowledge of software like Autodesk Maya (preferred), 3DS Max, Motion builder and additional similar packages
- High level scripting experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) to automate process for character animation
- Experience working with animation systems inside game engines
- Autonomous, good communicator and a great team-player
- Good understanding of animation principals
- Curiosity for building/exploring cutting-edge rigging/animation solutions
- Interest in/experience with procedural animation
- Experience working with motion capture animation and data
- Prior experience as an animator, modeler and/or programmer
- Documented experience from the games industry