Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what animation is capable of? Is prototyping your go-to when showing what you mean? Then you are in the right place!
Ubisoft Stockholm is looking for a Technical Animation Director for an unannounced project. In this role you will identify, develop and adapt the animation tools for production. You will collaborate with the other technical directors, defining technical constraints within animation to optimize memory, performance and more importantly – the quality of the project.
What you’ll do:
- Define the technical animation needs by validating features with development of creative vision and other technical directors.
- Collaborate with the animation programmers and narrative team to establish a vision for best practices, tools needed, methods used and to facilitate any training and coaching if needed.
- Direct and manage the areas of: rigging, skinning and various DCC tools.
- Research new technology, define work processes and create tools to improve project development.
- Build and lead a diverse team of complementary skills who define and deliver effective tools and pipeline workflows.
- Veteran in game development who has been part of shipping one or more games.
- Problem-solver with a start-up mindset – where no task is too big or too small for you to solve.
- Skilled programmer, typically in Python, and experienced in plugin authoring.
- Craft leader with good understanding of animation principles, rigging, skinning and motion capturing using Motionbuilder and Maya.
- Natural leader with previous experience of building and leading a team.
- Process-driven collaborator with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture.
- Problem-solver who understands the importance of clear communication.
- A servant leader who ensure their team has what they need to be successful.
Is this the opportunity you were waiting for? We would love to hear from you so send us your CV today!