We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Senior Writer at Massive, you'll work directly with the Lead Writer, the Lore Coordinator, and the entire Narrative team to help create a cohesive and compelling narrative experience for our latest Project.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Writing compelling item and quest log descriptions that expand the lore
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP
- Writing both scripted and systemic dialogue
- Developing character arcs and story beats through dialogue and other narrative elements
- Revising and editing dialogue to ensure quality and consistency
- Providing feedback on dialogue and the story
- Collaborating with relevant internal teams, such as narrative design, audio, animation, level design, and AI
- Mentoring more junior colleagues
You’ve a love for interactive storytelling and a background in games, film, TV, or theater. Your deep knowledge of writing compelling stories in close collaboration with other disciplines makes you a natural at creating immersive worlds, full of lore, and exciting adventures. Your creativity knows no limits, but you also understand the value of a good brief, meeting deadlines, and know constructive feedback, both when you give and receive it in a dynamic and flexible environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio is required
(2-3 writing samples that showcase your strongest work, and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here)
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue and various other content from concept to completion within a large production
(Ideally large scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games)
- Experience working in a writers' room or another collaborative environment
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred.