Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
Are you an experienced Tools Programmer looking to join a talented team that values technical understanding, pipelines, workflows, narrative and localization? We are looking for you to join our team and facilitate the continued development of our in-house engine Snowdrop. As a key figure, you will enable game productions all over the world to leverage existing technology and share their own developments as effortlessly as possible.
In this role, you will take ownership of the narrative and localization programming and maintain tooling for continuous integration across projects. You will join the World Building and Foundation team.
What you’ll do
- Working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Evaluating and integrating new technologies
- Being motivated and providing support for other team members during critical stages of development
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, helpful, and confident in their skills. Have you previously worked within software development closely with the software users and have a some understanding of localization, narrative pipelines, working with build systems to manage data? If so, you may be the perfect fit for this position! Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional high competence in C++
- Experience working with C#
- Previously worked within software development closely with the software users
- Interest or experience in working with build systems and automation
- Enjoys close collaboration across many disciplines and different types of people