We are looking for a tools programmer to work in our in-house game engine Snowdrop™. We truly take pride in the craft of tools programming and you will be an essential part to drive the development of our games while also preparing the engine for the future. Your main responsibility will be to work closely with colleagues from other disciplines, to design and create scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop™ and its various titles to even higher standard. You will also be responsible for documentation and the longevity of your solutions, ensuring proper functioning and develop Snowdrop’s™ potential.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Working in C/C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Design, implement, and iterate on new and existing systems and tools
- Analyze existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project
- Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (Maya, source control, etc.), and productivity tools (compilation, build process, etc.)
- Contribute to the long term strategy for the engine development
- Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are an autonomous and communicative person who agrees that tools is the bread and butter of games development and want to take it to the next level. You thrive in an open environment and have a structured and results-oriented approach to tools creation. Furthermore you have a service-minded attitude and a natural curiosity for things and know what good enough looks like.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Intermediate experience as a software developer, in video games or similar industry
- General knowledge of having worked with video game engines and experience using one or more commercial engines
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Ability to understand user needs and take them into account when programming
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Experience from the AAA video games industry