Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Animator. In this role you will be working on the content pipeline; you will support our art and animation teams using our in-house developed engine Snowdrop at Ubisoft. You will frequently interact across teams with our other artists, animators and programmers. In this position you will be working on support for DCC tools and pipelines to deliver the best experience for our Artists and Animators.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain the production’s DCC Tools with a focus on animation pipelines and contribute to the shared Snowdrop content pipeline.
- Support other Technical Art and Animation teams with tool development
- Work with content teams to define best workflows and practices and re-usable approaches to game development
- Create sample data and documentation for the tools
- Bridge the gap between creating new content in DCCs and Engine
What you’ll bring
You are enthusiastic about technical quality and games. You are open to new ideas, and you constantly aspire to advance your work to the highest possible level by being proactive and self-motivated. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to enhance the visual quality, the tech behind it or the workflow to achieve it. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills, for knowledge-sharing with your team and your stakeholders.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience with using and customizing DCCs for animation, rigging and modelling (We utilize Maya and Motionbuilder for animation, but also 3Ds Max, Blender and other tools for additional workflows)
- Programming with Python or C++ for Maya or Motionbuilder and Qt
- Experience with automation and tool development
- Game engine knowledge with regards to animation, rigging and character setup (in Unreal or Unity or a proprietary engine)
The below skills are not a requirement for the role but it’s considered a bonus:
- Shipped one AAA title or vfx/film project
- Experience with usage or development of auto-rigging tools
- Comfortable with Git or Perforce and CICD processes
- Experience with development for FBX or USD