We are looking for a Senior Sound Designer for the Studio, but also for our work on Avatar together with Massive in Malmö and later for the studio. As Sound Designer you will be responsible for the creation of content, design, and technical aspects (pipeline) that pertain to sound (music and/or sound effects) in the game. High quality is something we believe is important and you will work to identify audio opportunities and asset needs in a self-driven and collaborative environment.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Conceptualize, schedule, design and produce high quality audio assets in accordance with the development and testing cycle of the product
- Be aware of all aspects of the game (game design, animation, environment, 3D objects, level design, AI, scenario, etc.) to understand sound needs and have an broad idea of the game
- Work with third party recordists, contractors, and industry partners to supplement content creation as needed
- Integrate audio in both linear and interactive forms with Wwise using Snowdrop™ proprietary software
- Manage all audio assets (sound files, scripts, models, etc.) associated with a product and related software
- Work with audio programmers, sound designers and game developers of all disciplines to understand and develop cutting-edge, proprietary audio technologies
- Partake in creating test plans, debugging and ensure the final product meets quality benchmarks
- Continuous learning of the latest sound design techniques and technologies
You as a person
You love to have things organized and keeping a structure that allows you to capitalize on low hanging fruits and deliver on set deadlines. Being in a autonomous and highly collaborative environments is where you feel best motived and giving and receiving feedback allows you to further improve your work. You also have an ear for what great sounds like coupled with strong audio aesthetic sensibilities.
- Production experience as sound designer/foley/technician within games, music, film, television or similar
- Intermediate or greater experience of Game engine audio implementation technologies
- Great understanding of game audio production processes and pipelines
- Experience from full AAA production development cycle
- Excellent knowledge of audio production tools (Pro Tools, Sound Forge or similar)