The Design team working on the sequel to the world-record breaking Tom Clancy's The Division, is looking for a senior RPG Designer to join our exciting adventure. Our new colleague is going to work closely with our designers and multiple other disciplines, to drive and follow features from start to finish. In this position you are going to have a major impact on the core quality, design, and overall fun-factor of the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing and taking ownership of the core player focused RPG systems and content. Ex. player gear, talents and specializations.
- Designing and implementing features and content in line with high level direction from vision to release quality.
- Working in engine, tweaking, scripting, and tuning your features, and help in defining what tools you need to do so.
- Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design team.
- Ensuring the highest level of usability, playability, and craft in everything you own
- Fostering a culture of open and honest feedback
You as a person
As an RPG Designer you are the expert within everything RPG related; mechanics, scripted abilities, gear, theories of craft and puzzles is at the center of your design-philosophy. This specialized knowledge enables you to autonomously work with driving our common passion for great RPG-design forward. You're happy when faced with a challenge that requires a creative and innovative solution, and you believe that solving this challenge collaboratively only brings the final quality that much higher.
- 5+ years of industry experience, and ideally at least one AAA title shipped
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially RPG and TPS/FPS games
- Experience of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping
- Node based scripting skills or basic programming experience.
- Track record of active participation in theory crafting for a RPG game is a bonus.