We are a passionate team looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive MTX Designer. The MTX Designer works within the core design team, collaborating with the other designers, production and programming teams, live operational teams and game analysts to ensure elegant, fair and non-disruptive monetization design. The MTX Designer has clear ownership and responsibility, making it a central role in driving features in partnership with the business operations manager and business intelligence analysts – all whilst keeping our players at the center of attention.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing and implementing monetization related features and content in line with high level direction
- Working together with other developers to take game concepts and design from vision to shipping quality
- Coordinating closely with production and other departments to meet project goals
- Being the champion of a fair and modern, player-first monetization vision
- Ensuring the highest level of usability, playability, and craft in everything you own
- Collaborating with business operations manager to ensure business needs are considered in the design
- Collaborating with the analytics team to identify and implement monetization tracking/reporting needs
- Fostering a culture of open and honest feedback
You as a person
Your way of thinking and discussing design with a focus on MTX-features with respect for the player puts you at the top of your field, and you're used to being the go-to-person for anything MTX related. Your specialized knowledge reaches wide and far, and you have an understanding of systems, economy and how all of this comes together into your features. Being hands-on and not afraid to dive in to the tools and documents in order to be able to realize the best version of the game makes you proactive and independent in your work. You are an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from many different stakeholders with different opinions providing input to your team, all in fluent English.
- 5+ years of industry experience, and ideally at least one AAA title shipped
- Professional experience with monetization and/or game economy design
- Experience developing game features from concept to completion
- Comfortable working hands-on with tools and basic scripting to implement & tune features
- Experience in other game development disciplines: Economy, User Interface, Audio, Art, Engineering is a bonus