Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
Working in our graphics team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various core render systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™ that are directly used by our game projects. As a Graphics Programmer you will be part of a friendly team working with multiple hardware platforms (PC, Xbox Series S/X, PS5, Streaming services).
You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performance standard. Example systems that the graphics team is working on include game specific rendering effects, our node graph-based CPU/GPU particle system, the Destruction Tech, the post effect pipeline and various systems to render Weather, Terrain, Water and Vegetation.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing render systems
- Working with C++ and shader programming
- Developing features for multiple platforms and different hardware capabilities
- Optimizing the systems, you are responsible for, regarding performance and memory footprint
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
To suit this position you have motivation and dream for creating efficient and aesthetic computer graphics. You are self-motivated and value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. You are self-motivated and value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. You are creative and delight in overcoming technical limitations and solving difficult problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience with C++ programming and debugging in the video games industry, ideally with focus on consoles or equivalent experience
- Intimately familiar with various graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, Vulkan) and associated shader languages
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Thorough knowledge of 3D mathematics, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Experience with general purpose computations on GPU's
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools