We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator to join our studio. Your mission will be to craft stunning gameplay animation and systems, for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. You’ll collaborate closely with your Lead including Technical Artists, Technical Animators, Designers, and Programmers.
What you’ll do
- Working in our game engine to develop and support Gameplay Animation Systems
- Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
- Continue to innovate and push the animation boundaries
- Work alongside your Lead, Design, Code and peers to proactively solve complex problems, with the goal of delivering content on time
- When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots
- As a Senior you’ll also mentoring, coaching and share feedback with your peers
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll bring
You are enthusiastic about games, animation, and creating the best gameplay experience through your craft. You are autonomous and take responsibility and ownership by driving your tasks from idea to implementation. You are comfortable collaborating and communicating in a cross-functional team, by being an efficient communicator. You are resilient and can work in an iterative development process where you quickly need to adapt to changes. You’re also open to feedback and enjoy a creative and innovative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Please make sure to share a demo reel
- Professional Gameplay Animation experience, focused on gameplay animation systems, in the video game industry, with at least one AAA/AA title shipped.
- Experienced in working with state machines and blend trees; Unity, Unreal Engine or equivalent
- Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation
- Experience with facial animation
- Knowledge of the wider game development process