We are currently looking for a Senior Cinematic Technical Animator. Your day to day will include being a major driving force behind developing solutions for technical animation at the cinematics department. This includes character rigging, developing tools and pipeline, enabling our animators to do their best possible work within both the mocap and keyframe spaces. You will play a big part in creating next generation cinematics for many AAA projects, working with studios from across the globe.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV, demo reel and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Closely collaborating with producers, leads, directors and other teams to push the pipeline and the vision of what animation and rigging can be
- Rigging and skinning of a variety of characters, creatures, vehicles and gear
- Researching and keeping up to date with new rigging solutions to push our pipeline and workflows to the next level
- Collaborating with a team of technical animators to develop current and new rigging tools
- Be ready for quick tweaks during production to fit the animators current needs
You as a person
You are passionate about animation, rigging and the emerging technologies that surround them. You are interested in video games and understand the hard work being put into them. You are open to develop your own and on your wider teams' ideas and you constantly aspire to push your work to the highest possible level. This means that you're approachable, flexible and structured. You are inspired by new technology and clever solutions. You are constantly on the lookout for ways to improve visual quality, and what's behind it or the workflow to achieve it. It’s also important that you have strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to share your knowledge to the rest of the team and stakeholders. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience within technical animation and/or rigging from TV/Film or game cinematics
- Experience and strong knowledge in Maya and Python
- Facial and body rigging experience
- Relevant demo-reel
- It’s a bonus if you have previous experience in Houdini and MotionBuilder. To be relevant for this role we expect you to be interested in learning both even if you don’t have previous experience.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive