We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
We are looking for AI Programmers to help us create awesome player experiences through AI. To do this, you will work closely with designers, animators, artists, testers, and other gameplay programmers to develop new AI features and systems within Massive’s in-house engine, Snowdrop™. You will work on the full lifetime of feature development, from conception through to the game release. You will have a big impact both on what we create and how we create it.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to design, implement, debug, and iterate on new and existing AI systems and player centric features
- Development in a C++ multithreaded engine, using modern techniques
- Drive initiatives related to creating and improving systems and be responsible for the quality and performance of those systems
- Documenting your work to transfer knowledge and enabling users how to use the new systems and functionalities
- Impact how the team works, both internally and with developers from other teams within the project and studio.
You as a person
You have a passion for games and game development. You enjoy working autonomously, and you know how to structure your tasks. You pay attention to quality and detail in your day-to-day work. You co-operate and communicate effectively with other developers both within and outside of your team. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Prior experience as an AI Programmer on AA or AAA projects
- Professional experience working with C++ programming in the games industry
- Knowledge of the process and life-cycle of games development
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.