We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and we want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive journey that will stay with them for years.
We're looking for an experienced Game Designer to explore 3C (Character, Controls & Camera) challenges. The interdependent relationship between player inputs and on-screen reactions. Specializing with 3Cs on this open-world title will allow you to tackle a diverse range of GD challenges, and leave your mark on a major IP. You'll join an international team at one of the best studios in the world, work closely with an experienced Lead 3Cs Game Designer, and collaborate on multiple game experiences/features – primarily with GPP’s, Animators, Level Designers & Narrative.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Defining and communicating the fundamental (3C) player mechanics through documentation and presentation;
- Collaborating with multidisciplined teams to guide the mechanics from start to finish;
- Being a core contributor to the development of combat experiences, from a 3Cs perspective;
- Setting up, implementing, and continually tweaking/iterating on game mechanics, using tools you’ll be responsible for helping shape;
- Mentoring junior colleagues and peer-reviewing the work of your colleagues.
You're passionate about games, game-dev, and the craft of game design. You're proactive and offer creative solutions in the pursuit of your clearly defined goals. You're comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, contributing with your expertise to achieve the highest quality possible. You have high standards in everything you do, and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience working with 3C’s (character, controls and camera) in a story-driven open-world game;
- Several years’ experience with full AAA game development cycles, having helped ship multiple major titles;
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplined developers, from GPP & Animation, to Narrative & Level Designers;
- As a Senior you have experience mentoring junior colleagues and driving the development of key features/experiences designated to you;
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping;
- Knowledge of node-based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting abilities are highly valued.