The Game Design team at Massive is looking for a Game Designer to join an international team, currently working on Tom Clancy’s The Division™. Our new colleague is going to work closely with our designers and multiple other disciplines, to drive and follow features from start to finish. In this position you are going to have a major impact on the core quality, design, and overall fun-factor of the game.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing features and nurturing them to release quality, throughout implementation.
- Working in engine, tweaking, scripting, and tuning your features, and help in defining what tools you need to do so.
- Maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design team.
You as a person
As a Game Designer you are passionate about games, game development, and the craft of game design. You should be comfortable with taking initiative and independently finding creative solutions to complex problems. You should also be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team, where you are expected to – through collaboration and leadership – achieve the highest quality possible. You should have very high standards in everything you do and a devotion to creating the best possible player experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience, and ideally at least one AAA title shipped
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, especially RPG and TPS/FPS games
- Knowledge of an iterative development process and rapid prototyping
- Knowledge of node based tools/engines and/or programming/scripting
- Experience designing RPG mechanics is a bonus