We’re building a fresh and innovative game experience in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We’re excited to give players the chance to discover and experience Pandora. We are a diverse, tight and friendly bunch of professionals with a dream. And we’re a looking for a collaborative, motivated and experienced Progression Game Designer to join us and achieve that dream.
As a Progression Game Designer on our team, you will be able to help shape the player’s journey through Pandora and give it the right feel. You will work together with an interdisciplinary team to design, innovate and develop progression features as well as balance the game economy. You will find opportunities to both create and design features and systems, but also to grow as a designer.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing and fine-tuning progression-related features from conception to final roll out
- Modelling and balancing game economy and progression systems
- Working together with other designers to review the balance and implementation of new features
- Being able to clearly, and simply, communicate design intent and collaborate well with other disciplines
- Contributing and participating in a culture of open and honest feedback
- Being a part of maintaining and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with the Game Director, Lead Game Designer, and the rest of the Design team
You as a person
You are an experienced, talented, and creative designer with a passion for game system design and how numbers and balancing impact the player experience. You are not afraid to reach out to other designers and collaborate to find new and creative solutions to unique challenges. You are an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from directors, leads, and providing input to the team, all in fluent English. And above all, you thrive in a diverse and collaborative environment.
- You've designed, developed, and shipped game systems
- You have a track record of working on progression-related features and balancing
- A keen eye for how your design and balancing impacts the player experience
- A knack for Excel and are able to model, set up and maintain complex balancing solutions
- Knowledge of iterative development and rapid prototyping
- Professional experience with system-driven games and / or AAA games is a bonus