NOTE! The position can be based in one of our Ubisoft studios in Düsseldorf (Germany) or Malmö (Sweden).
The Snowdrop Production Director works globally to define and drive the development work on the Snowdrop game development pipeline. The most important attribute of the Snowdrop Production Director is reliable execution on backlog items, and ability to track, visualize, and analyze critical production metrics.
This means defining the production vision and process for the development teams. The role includes accountability for the Snowdrop roadmap, in collaboration with all stakeholders, with an emphasis on the game development teams that use Snowdrop to make games, as well as explaining and aligning the production goals with product owners, architects, leads, developers, and finance department.
The Snowdrop Production Director reports to the Snowdrop Operations Director and takes an active role in the core team and the operational running of the Snowdrop Team. Some travelling is expected to support and coordinate international activity.
What you’ll do
- Accountable for creation and operation of Snowdrop production system
- Accountable for timely delivery on the backlog: high throughput and reliable deliveries
- Design and manage an effective production system from backlog to completed delivery
- Keep the team focused on the current production priorities as set by the Core Team
- Align product roadmap with game project roadmaps and with Snowdrop project management
- Work with core team to formulate Snowdrop vision, strategy, objectives, and priorities
- Create an environment where great ideas are heard, evaluated, and invested in
- Accountable for Snowdrop production vision
- Manager of Production Manager & Lead Validation Engineer
- Production backbone of Snowdrop globally
- Ensure alignment with production processes across Ubisoft regarding Production Intelligence & Production Technology Teams
What you’ll bring
We believe that to be a successful Production Director within the Snowdrop team, you possess exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills, and you have the ability to work well in a diverse group with people located around the globe. You are also able to visualize and explain production progress and blockers to various stakeholders on all levels of the organization. As a person and a leader, we believe you bring a positive and collaborative attitude when managing groups and overseeing initiatives.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience of production leadership, preferably in a tech-based company
- Demonstrable advanced skill with agile methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of Jira, project communication & planning tools, etc.
- Demonstrable experience measuring capacity, impact, estimate accuracy, and other industry standard production KPIs
- Demonstrated experience building production systems with positive outcomes
Other desirable qualities:
- Technical degree
- A passion for computer games