Working as an OpenStack Administrator within the Build & Infrastructure team, your primary focus will be to maintain, develop and improve the infrastructure our build system and related processes depends on. We are looking for an engineer to work with both our AAA projects at Massive, to collaborate and assist within the local studio as well as co-development studios around the globe. The responsibilities include short- and long-term planning and collaboration with Build Engineers in order to achieve next level reliability.
The role is a challenging and exciting position that will demand knowledge across several fields. You need a firm general technical understanding as well as the capacity to cooperate with people with differing needs and priorities. It is essential that you are a great communicator since interaction with other teams is key to ensure high quality.
You’ll work in a constantly evolving tech environment with a range of technologies like OpenStack, CentOS and Fedora, ElasticSearch/Kibana, SaltStack, gitlab and much more, and you’ll share responsibilities with a group of talented programmers and DevOps engineers, all set on improving how Ubisoft will build and ship games right now and in the future.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Staying up to date with best practices and industry standards and make sure we apply them in the design and implementation of our infrastructure
- Evaluating and integrating new technologies to improve our environment and processes
- Liaising with and assisting other teams on a regular basis regarding shared issues and challenges
- Being flexible and providing support for other team members during critical stages of development
- Optimizing the developer workflow by making your DevOps and infrastructure expertise available to team members and others
- Being aware of and planning in accordance with real world constraints
- Keeping the build farm running smoothly, making sure we don’t go over our capacity constraints, and ensuring the maintenance burden is kept to a minimum
You as a person
You are service minded and enjoy explaining difficult technical issues in a down-to-earth manner. You think in innovative and creative ways and feel right at home working with systems that see constant change and improvements. We believe that you are observant and understanding, and capable of communicating possibilities and threats clearly whilst driving development forward autonomously. You despise doing the same thing over and over again and will much rather have the machines working for you than the other way around. You can drive change from concept through to deployment and you love adopting and leveraging new technologies. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- +3 years of experience working in DevOps or IT, perhaps as a Linux administrator or an administrator of virtualization environments (preferably OpenStack)
- Interest in advanced virtualization customization and optimization
- Great understanding of networking and storage technologies
- Scripting in shell (bash and Powershell) and Python
- Monitoring using ELK, Grafana, Zabbix or others
- Service deployments using tools like Docker, Ansible and Salt is a plus
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.