In February 2017, it was announced that we are embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As an Online Programmer at Massive, you’ll work in a friendly environment. There are multiple positions open along the online stack; from user-facing online gameplay to persistence and backend infrastructure. A big part of a workday is working highly iterative in tight collaboration with other programmers, game designers, and testers.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Design and implementation of new systems, while improving systems in place
- Working with and have knowledge about C++ programming
- Working with SQL Databases
- Working with scalability, stability, and security testing of services
- Handling Tools & Monitoring systems
You as a person
To suit this position you have a passion for creating games as you will work in a team of highly motivated, passionate and skilled game developers. Would you describe yourself as creative, result oriented and cooperative? Do you love to break new ground and create best games and user experience possible while having fun doing it? Then this is the role for you!
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of professional programming experience in C++
- Design and implementation of online features
- Scalability, stability, and security resilience
- Tools and monitoring systems
- It’s a bonus having experience with the major cloud vendors
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.