As Online Infrastructure/Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of the development team for Tom Clancy’s The Division™ and the new Avatar project. Your primary role will be to make sure the backend server infrastructure can withstand the pressure and flexibility needs of highly anticipated online games. You will work closely with programmers in the team and operators within the Ubisoft group across the globe to help deliver a great online experience for our players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing and implementing a highly scalable Google Cloud and Bare Metal server and network infrastructure
- Managing and automating the deployment of Tom Clancy's The Division™ and Avatar game services
- R&D activities aimed at improving Live Operations and service quality for millions of players
- Working closely with game developers on related initiatives
- Consulting on the game's software and data architecture to ensure maximum infrastructure scalability
- Providing 4th level technical support (when Customer Service can't resolve the issues) and partake in the on-call rotation
You as a person
You are a pragmatic trouble shooter with an eye for details. You enjoy working with a small close team, open to new ideas, while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have strong technology capabilities combined with passion, creativity and resourcefulness. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a good communicator that works well in a team.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experiences within the following areas:
Ideally you will have 5+ years experience with Systems Administration (Linux/*BSD or Windows) and working knowledge of:
- Python, Powershell, Shell Scripting (Go or Rust is a plus)
- Bare Metal Hosting
- Google Cloud Platform
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Saltstack, Ansible or Chef
- Infrastructure orchestration with Terraform
- Service and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Datadog and ELK stack
- Proficient with Git/Gitlab
- InfluxDB or other time series database solutions
- RDBMS such as Postgresql
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.