At Massive we are looking for an Online Game Designer to join the team working on the development of our online game design. In this role you will collaborate with level designers, programmers and artists, to design and implement game features, specifically designed for enhancing the online immersion. You will have the opportunity to work with many different themes based on your interests.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Driving the development of the online game, from design to implementation and everything in between
- Development of game systems, content, rewards and online progression to make for a fun gameplay loop in an online sphere
- Designing matchmaking and seamless online integrations
- Closely collaborating with UI and gameplay programmers to ensure the most immersive feeling
- You will analyze metrics and suggest improvements to the development and live team
- Solving problems and troubleshooting so enhance and further develop the game design
- Thinking out of the box and contributing with a new way of thinking online game design
You as a person
You are creative, team-spirited and result oriented. You are open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have high standards, and feel ready to take our technical design standards to the next level and we can see that by looking at your way of designing technical implementations. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a part of a team, and thrive when improving current processes with your technical knowledge. You have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities to collaborate and excel in team environment.
- 5+ years of professional Game Design experience in the video game industry
- At least one shipped AAA title
- Experience working with game features from conception to launch and beyond
- Experience working with iterative development
- Used to working with systems in an MMO-like universe
- Scripting-knowledge is a plus