As a Live Game Designer you'll help to improve monetization benefits for both players and Ubisoft. You'll work closely with design, production and analytics to create monetization opportunities based on key performance drivers once the product is live
You'll have responsibility over implementation and ownership for the vision, making it a central role in driving features in partnership with the business operations manager and business intelligence analysts – all whilst keeping our players at the center of attention.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing and implementing sustainable monetization systems in line with the game’s vision, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure these systems are integrated into the core gameplay features.
- Promoting a holistic monetization strategy with the goal of improving retention and increasing in game revenue, while respecting the player experience.
- Ensuring compliance with Ubisoft’s standards and monetization practices.
- Being the champion of a fair and modern, player-first monetization vision.
- Ensuring the highest level of usability, playability, and craft in everything you own.
- Take a primary role in raising the overall knowledge level in the design team for monetization best practices.
Your way of thinking and discussing monetization design with a focus on respect for the player, puts you at the top of your field. You're used to being the go-to-person for anything monetization related. Your specialized knowledge reaches wide and far, and you have an understanding of systems, economy and how all of this comes together into our features. You're hands-on with tools and available documents in order realize the best version of the game makes you proactive and independent in your work. You're an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from different stakeholders and sharing input to your team, all in fluent English.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 5+ years of industry experience, and ideally at least one AAA title shipped;
- Professional experience with monetization and/or game economy design;
- Experience developing game features from concept to completion;
- Comfortable working hands-on with tools, MS office and basic scripting to implement & tune features;
- Experience in other game development disciplines: Economy, User Interface, Audio, Art, Engineering is a bonus;
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.