Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Lighting Artist at Massive, you’ll get the chance to use your artistic eye to create visually stunning gameplay spaces. Utilizing the power of our in-house game engine - Snowdrop, you’ll collaborate with fellow Artists, Tech Art, and Level Designers to create creative game worlds.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Helping to define narrative storytelling through effective use of color, light, and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working with the Art Director and Lead Artists to keep the artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style for the game.
- Promoting collaboration with other departments (like Tech Art) to balance aesthetic quality and performance requirements.
- Identifying and helping to develop techniques and toolsets.
- Maintaining quality, efficiency, and consistency across your work.
- Working with engine graph logic to improve lighting quality and player interaction.
What you’ll bring
You are excited about games, game development, and the craft of Light Art. You are curious and open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You are comfortable working autonomously and can present your ideas in a clear way. You enjoy collaborating with peers and are a good communicator to express your ideas and suggestions. You are open to feedback and thrive in a creative and innovative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Lighting Art);
- Professional experience working in the games industry
- Deep understanding of lighting theory, art/design fundamentals, and an understanding of composition and color theory);
- Skilled knowledge of lighting pipelines and high-quality art techniques (e.g. baking lightmaps).