Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Level Designer at Massive you'll have ownership over key locations and collaborate with multiple disciplines (e.g. Game & Narrative Designers, Art and Code) to help us create a memorable player experience on Pandora. So you'll not only block out and script for these key locations, but communicate with a wide variety of specialists to bring our core gameplay to life. You'll take on this challenge primarily with a team of level designers, and be supported by your Lead, a project coordinator, and an Associate Producer.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Conceptualize, design, build, and script bespoke levels;
- Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, objectives, and other gameplay-related entities;
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute engaging ideas towards all aspects of game design;
- Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
- Work closely with the narrative and art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels.
You have a positive attitude and are passionate about games and level design. You enjoy helping others succeed and are an effective communicator, which aids you whilst working within a large production team with multidisciplined colleagues. Ideally, you sympathize with the values of James Cameron's Avatar, you seek creative challenges, and the thought of mastering our Snowdrop™ engine excites you tremendously!
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience with Level Design, and credits on at least 1 major title;
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplined developers, to bring the player experience together;
- Ability to conceptualize, design, build, and script bespoke levels using 3D tools (e.g. UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editors);
- Previous experience with scripting tools (e.g. Kismet/Blueprints, Bolt, and/or Snowdrop);
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of game design systems;
- Deep knowledge of adventure & open world games.