Here at Massive, we’re building a bold, original game based on the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We’re looking for creative, unconventional people of varying seniority to join our World Design team.
As a Level Designer, you’re a mix of level and game designer, and will work within a multidisciplinary taskforce to build an entertaining, memorable and breath-taking world.
Does that sound like a thing you could contribute to? Ignore the rest and get in touch!
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Designing and building fun, immersive scenarios using our in-house engine Snowdrop™.
- Being a part of a taskforce that takes scenarios from concept to final polish.
- Ensuring a memorable game where form follows function through close collaboration with art, programing, narrative and other disciplines.
- Conducting gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
- Ideally, not create too many bugs.
- Locating and fixing bugs in both your own and your colleague’s work.
- Supporting the Lead World Designer in whatever madness comes up.
You as a person
You like to build things; especially developing games with other cool and talented people. You work well with others and sympathize with the values of James Cameron’s Avatar; this shows in your energetic attitude towards the task. You are interested in both game and level design, and use your specialized knowledge to bridge the gap between the two. You think linear design is a thing of the past and dig on non-linear design. If you have scripted things (either with nodes or text), that is neat.
- 4+ years' experience in developing game features from concept to completion
- Concrete knowledge of working hands-on with tools and scripting to build scenarios and/or features
- Professional experience with systems-driven games or RPG's is a bonus
- Experience in other game development disciplines: User Interface, Audio, Art, Engineering is a bonus