Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Level Design Director at Massive Entertainment you will ensure our players have fun levels and puzzles to solve, and goals to accomplish as they journey through Pandora. You will ensure that all Levels and relates experiences are delivered on time, and to the highest possible quality – through your feedback and direction. You will share the level design vision for the project with various teams and stakeholders and oversee the entire level design process. You’ll do this with the support of a Mission Director, Open World Director and multiple Level Design Leads.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Developing the level design vision and overseeing that the vision is carried through into the game, with the player and their experience at the center;
- Considering, evangelizing and overseeing rules and metrics for gameplay spaces (rational level design);
- Ensuring all the gameplay spaces work flawlessly;
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints to align all technical, design, graphic, and narrative featuresö
- Provide mentorship and constructive feedback to your level design team to achieve the highest quality;
- Find solutions to issues uncovered by playtesters and cross-functional teams (get to the root of problem, and solve them).
As an experienced Level/Game Director from AAA video games you’ve continually demonstrated good judgment to help ship several major products. You’re an active contributor to the projects you’ve worked on, with a curiosity to learn, and great communication skills in English (our company language), which helps you communicate the level design vision and build strong relationships with the people you work with.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience leading/directing Level Design within major game production(s);
- Production experience through several full dev-cycles (from concept to live services), shipped at least 3 AAA project, and 1 a Lead/Director role;
- Extensive knowledge about Level Design principles;
- A relevant degree in Game Development, or the equivalent work experience.