We’re embarking on an amazing journey together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
Working closely with our Narrative, Creative and Content Directors, you'll be responsible for the voice and voiceless writing of our latest game project. With strong people management and writing skills, you'll mentor and organize the workflow for a team of writers, collaborating with the wider game-dev. team to help us deliver a meaningful experience to our players.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Ensuring the structure of our story and the quality of our writing reaches a AAA production standard,
- Developing a writing schedule which best utilizes the skills of the team, and together with the support of an Associate Producer,
- Researching and writing narrative elements to anchor a reality-based narrative within an existing IP,
- Reading, revising, and validating the teams work, mentoring to improve the overall quality,
- Making sure to plan and organize effectively to meet milestones/deadlines,
- Making the narrative material accessible to the teams that require it (writers, narrative designers, mission designers),
- Be able to give an organizational response to emergencies of rewriting or changing mission or game structure.
As a Lead Writer, you've a passion for storytelling but you also enjoy enabling others and coaching your team to deliver the highest possible quality. You have previous experience driving a team through a AAA game release (or a similar-sized production) and are a great people manager – communicating fluently in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your writing is required
(2-3 samples that showcase your strongest work and a longer/screenplay sample with ~10 pages or less. See our portfolio tips here);
- Proven work experience leading a team of writers on a major project/production;
- Proven experience crafting and developing stories, writing dialogue, and various other content from concept to completion within a large production
(Ideally key story or mission content for AAA games);
- Experience working in a writers' room or another similarly collaborative environment;
- Ability to follow an established style guide and rules of usage;
- Ability to communicate complex narrative ideas to stakeholders from other disciplines;
- Experience with a non-linear narrative structure is preferred;
- Strong copy-editing skills are preferred.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of our recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.