As a Lead UI Artist at Massive you'll be a key-player in developing the artistic style of the UI on our Avatar game project. You'll lead, develop and coordinate a small team of UI Artists to help create an immersive, tactile and diegetic UI within James Cameron's world of Pandora.
To reach this goal, you’ll work proactively with leaders throughout the Game Design Team, Programmers and Artists to solve issues with the player’s best interest in mind.
- Drive UI Art in accordance with the project's artistic direction;
- Prioritize, plan and organize own and teams work, in conjunction with the Associate Producer;
- Develop performance and expertise within the UI Art team while furthering own knowledge;
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for the studio;
- Identify and set up best practices, work-flows and pipelines;
- Conduct appropriate ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Proven work experience as a leader/mentor for a team of artists/designers;
- Excellent Graphic Design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication is essential;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good understanding of Motion Graphics;
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.).
- Exposure to the games industry and game engines (e.g. UNREAL), design tool-sets and production pipelines;
- Familiarity with management software (such as Perforce and Jira);
- Degree in Graphic Design, Art or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.).