Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Lead Technical Level Designer at Massive you'll get to mentor a small team of Technical Designers, whilst collaborating with a huge variety of multi-disciplined designers, and directly influence both our production workflows, and how our engine advances – Snowdrop.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Leading and mentoring a team of Technical Level Designers;
- Collaborating with engineering & design teams to develop new technologies and suggest solutions for new/ongoing issues;
- Developing guidelines to optimize workflows;
- Prototyping features, ideas, and workflows rapidly to assess for feature implementation;
- Detailing, maintaining, and presenting systems and scripts/nodes during development.
You are curious, proactive, solutions orientated, and service-minded – but most importantly, you're passionate about games and game production! You're an excellent communicator in English (our company language), which allows you to collaborate and build strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders; breaking down technical info and making it digestible for all audiences.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Ideally you have a portfolio showcasing your relevant skills;
- Shipped at least 1 major AAA project in a Lead role;
- Proven professional experience in a directly related Tech LD/LD/GD role, ideally working with systemic ingredients, cut-scenes and improving toolsets;
- Proficient in Visual Scripting and industry leading game engines (e.g. Unity/Unreal);
- Solid understanding of the video game development process, milestones and workflow;
- Ability to draft technical documents;
- A relevant degree in Game/Level Design, a similar field, or equivalent work experience