Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Lead at Massive, you would contribute to the development of a highly skilled and ambitious Technical Animation team working on the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora project. In this role, you’ll collaborate with other Leads, Producers, and multidisciplinary developers across our AAA production.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Prioritizing, supervising, and planning the team’s day-to-day work
- Providing constructive feedback and coaching a team of Technical Animators
- Ensuring a productive workflow and beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on time, on specs, and up to quality standards
- As a Technical Animator you’ll also:
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for Gameplay and Cinematic Animators as well as Character artists
- Supporting the Gameplay and Cinematic animation teams with rigs
- Supporting Animators with procedural animation solutions for some characters and vehicles
- Establish real-time IK solutions for any Gameplay feature that requires it
- Debug animation and character problems in the game
What you’ll bring
You are a motivated and team-oriented Lead, dedicated to the craft of Animation. You find the team’s achievements to be motivating and are able to supervise a team by providing constructive feedback and support whenever needed. As an Animator, you share our enthusiasm for film and the games industry and are motivated by the chance to bring things to a higher level. Your experience within large productions and from leading a team allows you to solve problems on the job and organize an effective workflow. You have excellent communication skills in English (our company language) which with your proactive approach enables you to build trust with your team and the various stakeholders you’ll collaborate with along the way.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a mentor/lead/manager or equivalent
- Experience creating and maintaining DCC Tools for animation and character pipelines written in Python
- Tool development and understanding is a must
- Professional experience working with DCC’s such as: Maya, Mobu, Blender
- You have experience in at least one AAA game development cycle