We're embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Lead Progression Designer at Massive, you'll help shape the player’s journey through Pandora and give it the right feel. You'll lead, mentor and prioritize the work of a design team, innovate and develop progression features as well as finding the right balance for our game economy. You'll pro-actively communicate to align designs and intentions with other design leads and directors on a regular basis.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Maintaining, communicating and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with Directors, Lead Game Designers, and the rest of the design team.
- Translating and communicating the Director’s vision of our progression experience into tangible designs and features together with your team.
- Reviewing the balance and implementation of new features based on feedback and facilitate continuous improvements of these.
- Managing, mentoring and developing a diverse team of designers.
You're an experienced, talented, and creative designer with a passion for game systems and numbers. You know and understand how systems and balancing will impact the player experience. You're not afraid to reach out to other designers and collaborate to find new and creative solutions to unique challenges. You're an enthusiastic communicator, easily taking feedback from directors, leads, and providing input to the team, all in fluent English. And above all, you thrive in a diverse and collaborative environment.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- You've designed, developed, and shipped game systems for several games in a Senior (mentoring) or Lead role.
- You've a track record of working on progression-related features and game economies for high level indie or AAA games.
- You've a keen eye for how system design and balancing impact the player experience.
- Professional experience with system-driven games is a big plus.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please take a look at the videos posted below.