Here at Massive, we’re building an original game set in the world of James Cameron’s Avatar. We’re excited to tell original stories on Pandora, and we’re a looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive Lead Mission Designer to join us. As a Mission Lead on our team, you will work with the core directors to guide the narrative team and task forces to design and implement story concepts and gameplay content that will immerse our players in the world of Avatar.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- At the direction of the Mission Director, lead the development of story and quest content
- Lead the team in implementing story concepts from vision to shipping quality
- Managing the development of the over-all quest line of the game
- Organizing and maintaining information regarding narrative and mission design, as well as being a hub for knowledge and inspiration
- Ensuring the highest level of craft and quality in all narrative quest content
- Coordinating with production to meet department, project, IP, and director goals
- Teach, grow, and mentor the narrative team
- Foster and participate in a culture of open and honest feedback
You as a person
Your specialized knowledge within narrative, scripting and immersive games makes you the leader with a focus on enhancing the intersection between story and gameplay. You are a hands-on lead who aren't afraid to dive in to the tools and documents to help the team realize the best version of the game, which comes from your ability to see the bigger picture of the game development. Because of this, you can easily communicate with the directors and happily engage in discussions and feedback sessions and provide this input to the team.
On our team, story and gameplay are one. As a Lead, your creative way of innovating how these two disciplines interact makes you the master of owning and creating the story and mission content, working with multidisciplinary taskforces of designers, artists, coders, and producers to lead world-class story experiences. Your energetic, open, and inclusive environment for a diverse group of passionate developers, building the game together with the team while helping to mentor and guide their growth and development.
- 5+ years' experience in developing large scale stories and/or key quest or mission content for AAA games content from concept to completion
- 2+ shipped AAA titles as a senior narrative/mission designer
- Experience building and fine-tuning dialogue systems
- Experience working hands-on with tools and scripting to build content
- Demonstrable understanding of story craft and structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Previous lead experience will give you a leg up
- Professional experience with systems-driven games and/or open worlds and technical or scripting experience is a plus