We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Lead Level Designer at Massive Entertainment you’ll be challenged with supporting, mentoring, and managing a team of Level Designers; to conceptualize, script, and develop fun levels for our players to solve and accomplish. You’ll ensure that all levels and related experiences are delivered on time, in-line with the narrative and artistic direction, and to the highest possible quality.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Developing the Level Design vision together with our core Directors, and overseeing the implementation of this vision in-game, with the players experience at the center;
- Coaching and supporting a team of Level Designers with constructive feedback and careful planning;
- Developing and overseeing the rules and metrics for gameplay spaces (rational level design);
- Defining and refining level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
- Validating the team’s efforts to ensure quality objectives are met and are in-line with the game vision, especially through iterative reviews to test the player experience;
- Working closely with stakeholders in the narrative and art departments to conceive and design environments that are in line with the lore, but innovative and visually impressive too;
- Collaborating with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels.
You have a passion for Level Design but you also take pride in enabling and developing the Designers around you, coaching your team to deliver the highest possible quality. You have previous experience driving a team through a AAA game release (or a similar-sized production) and are a great people manager – communicating fluently in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience leading Level Design within major game production(s);
- Extensive Level Design knowledge and principles, incorporating AAA open world games;
- Proven Experience as a Level Designer through several dev-cycles;
- A degree in Game/Level Design, a similar field, or the equivalent work experience.