At Massive, we are currently looking for a passionate Lead Level Designer for our Open World team to contribute to the development in the ambitious Level Design team. You will contribute to enhancing, designing and creating the immersive worlds and Missions that Massive is known for. By bringing your own thoughts to the table, you will influence the creation of next gen Level Design Worlds for AAA projects. As our new Lead Level Designer, you are the expert on how to setup and drive a team in both conceptual and production phases as well as guiding the team to deliver great results across the board.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Leading the development of high quality AAA environments
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering Level Design culture within the Level Design Open World Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Level Design Open World Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, other leads, directors and other teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of owns and teams work to reach the best results within given time frames
- Managing the Human Resources in your team by i.e. reoccurring performance feedback and salary review
You as a person
You have a few years of experience as a Lead, looking for a new opportunity! The title will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on a AAA title. As a lead you are well organized, likes to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. You have the ability to anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team, which you find inspiring. By interest in the process you strive to have effective workflows for production. As a Level Designer, you have a passion for designing interesting and cleverly challenging cover based layouts for next gen shooters together with Art and Narrative teams. You have very high standards and feel ready to take our World design to the next level and we can see that by looking at your portfolio.
- 5+ years of creating environments for next gen AAA game environments, ideally with two AAA title shipped
- Working knowledge of at least one of the major 3D modeling packages and texturing software as well as MS Office package.
- Ability to review and feedback on teams work in a clear and constructive manner
- At least 2 years working with technical limitations/constraints in a game environment
- Experience with outsourcing and co-development is a bonus