We are looking for a Lead programmer to drive the development of gameplay features in our in-house engine Snowdrop™. You will be responsible for the overall architecture of gameplay systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. We work in cross-functional teams so you will be working closely with people from other disciplines, using agile methodologies to drive your work. Additionally we collaborate with Massive in Malmö and there will be occasional travel involved.
This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers
- Identify and define technical solutions for different gameplay features according to design documents
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet expectations and is coherent with existing code
- Perform design- and code-reviews with team members
- Ensure your team can work efficiently and identify opportunities for workflow improvements
- Document your work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users how to use the new systems and functionalities.
You as a person
You are a process-driven person with a natural aptitude for seeing the bigger picture and have what it takes to lead a team of passionate professionals. Finding good channels for communication is easy for you as you constantly survey and adapt to the team’s needs. You have previous experience from the games industry and grown to understand the common pitfalls and how to avoid falling into them. You enjoy playing games as well as making them and you stay up-to-date with industry trends and technical solutions while always pushing for quality.
- Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Strong interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry
- Several years’ experience as a senior software developer in the AAA video games industry
- Solid proficiency in C/C++, including: refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low level optimizations
- Excellent understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Good understanding of asynchronous and multithreaded application development and architecture
- Previous lead programmer / technical director experience
- Knowledge of various software development processes and methodologies