We at Massive Entertainment are currently looking for a passionate Lead Gameplay programmer to join us on The Avatar Project. Here you will have the opportunity to work with ambitious, talented colleagues, and to create an AAA game based on this exciting IP.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
As our Lead Gameplay Programmer you will:
- Lead a team of gameplay programmers
- Drive the development of key gameplay features together with colleagues from other disciplines such as design, animation, art and more
- Balance quality and efficiency of your own and your team´s work to reach the best results
- Push and encourage innovation within in team
- Be responsible for building a strong team with an open feedback culture, and strive to live Massive´s core values.
You as a person:
You have a few years’ experience as a Lead or senior gameplay programmer, and you’re looking for a new opportunity. As a Lead you have a passion for coding and are well organized. You like to be on top of things, and you find the success of your team very important. You enjoy to be a part of a fun and innovative environment where we make the best games. You are driven to support and mentor other people in their growth and development.
• Several years of gameplay programming including experience with designing, developing and shipping major systems
• Experience in mentoring other programmers
• Ability to review and provide feedback to team members regarding their work in a clear and constructive manner
• Knowledge in console and online games development is a plus