Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
We are currently looking for a passionate new Lead Animator to contribute to the development of an ambitious and growing gameplay animation team working on James Cameron’s world of Avatar. You will contribute to crafting stunning and life-like animations, by bringing your own thoughts to the table and inspiring your team to push the limits. You will influence the creation of next-gen animations for AAA projects. As our Lead Animator, you are the expert and support on how to set up and drive a team in both conceptual and production phases as well as guiding the team to deliver great quality across the board.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden or Dusseldorf Germany and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
What you’ll do
- Leading the development of high-quality AAA animations
- Creating and maintaining a prospering art culture within the Animation Team
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Work alongside Production to prioritize and manage the Animation Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Working together with leads, directors, and other teams to push project quality
- Managing the happiness & growth of people in your team with reoccurring performance feedback and salary reviews
What you’ll bring
You have a few years of experience as a Lead, and are looking for a new opportunity! The role will allow you to join and lead a team at an international studio, working on an AAA title. As a lead, you are well organized, like to be on top of things and find the success of your team very important. By interest in the process, you strive to have effective workflows for production. As an animator, you have a passion for film and the games industry, and are driven by the chance to bring things to a higher level.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with experience within the following areas:
- 5+ years of creating animations for next gen AAA game environments
- At least 1 years’ experience of leading a team, preferably in an agile project management environment
- Working knowledge of Maya and State Machine systems
- Experience with co-development is a bonus