We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Lead Game Designer at Massive you’ll oversee the design and development of innovative and inspiring gameplay features, systems and mechanics that form the core of our Avatar game. You'll lead a team of specialized Game Designers and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team developing exciting player experiences. You’ll find opportunities to shape the game we make, mentor ambitious designer's whilst working with industry leading tool-suits like Snowdrop.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Be part of evaluating, communicating and evolving the overall gameplay vision together with Directors, other Lead Game Designers, and the rest of the Design team.
- Translating and communicating the Directors' vision into tangible designs and features together with your team.
- Supporting other leads and disciplines when the features within your area supports the experience they're working on.
- Reviewing the implementation of new features based on feedback and facilitate continuous improvements of these.
- Helping to manage, mentor and grow a diverse team of game designers.
- Collaborating with production to help plan and prioritize the team’s work.
- Contributing and participating in a culture of open and honest feedback.
You’re an experienced and creative design Lead with a passion for making games. You collaborate well to find new and creative solutions to unique challenges. Perhaps you’ve worked on high-profile and innovative indie game's, or you’ve helped ship multiple AAA titles. Ideally you've a bunch of experience from varied projects and diverse game genres. You’re an enthusiastic communicator, open to feedback from directors, producers and providing input to the team, all in fluent English.
- 6+ years proven work experience in Game Design.
- A mentor oriented mindset with several years proven work experience leading and developing a team of Game Designers on a major production.
- You've a strong understanding for the craft of game design.
- You've designed, developed, and shipped game features and/or systems on critically acclaimed games.
- You've a deep understanding of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support;
- Ability to support and develop the team's documentation and communication efforts, both internally and cross-disciplinary;
- Knowledge of iterative development and rapid prototyping;
- Experience working directly in game engines like Snowdrop, Unity &/or Unreal.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out at the videos posted below.