Snowdrop is a powerful game engine that enables Ubisoft content creators to set their creative minds free. Fast and flexible, Snowdrop gives developers innovative tools designed from the ground up for creating the unknown. Snowdrop provides the perfect canvas for game developers to paint the games of the future.
As Lead Editor Programmer your main responsibility will be to make sure that you and the team create and maintain tooling for continuous integration across many game projects. You will be supporting multiple projects with their tech and tooling needs. You will be a key figure in enabling game productions all over the world to both use existing technology and share their own developments as effortlessly as possible.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you’ll do
- Working in C++ on our integrated editor/game development tools
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing systems and tools
- Ensuring quality and efficiency for the code, the tools and the over-all process
- Encouraging and maintaining an honest and open feedback culture
- Support and develop the team
- Nurture a solid cross-disciplinary teamwork
About Production Technology at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft, there are no limits to creativity. Innovation comes from every corner and our game teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to transform ideas into fantastical worlds. To bolster their efforts, Ubisoft’s Production Technology department is a transversal group that unites more than 400 experts across the company around a mission to develop the best tools and technologies that enable our studios to bring their visions to life. From designing our proprietary game engines and state-of-the-art middleware solutions used by our worldwide developer community, to leveraging the latest machine learning breakthroughs in R&D, Production Technology team members don’t just help Ubisoft creators make games: they work together to pioneer innovations that change the way games are made.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a well-organized senior programmer who find the growth of the team important. You can review and give feedback in a clear and constructive manner, and it is beneficial if you know how to handle different situations, such as salary-review as well as topics like personal- and professional development. You are comfortable working in an international environment, have good communication skills in English, and aligned with our core values. We would also like to see that you have the following skills and experiences:
- High competence in C++, including multi-threading coding
- Experience working with game engines
- Worked with software development closely with the software users
- Knowledge of the pitfalls and key learnings of motivating a team forward