Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Lead Concept Artist at Massive, you'll mentor, manage and support a team of Concept Artists to help us enhance, design, and create the immersive world of Pandora. You’ll work closely with the Art Director to help build and realize the game's vision, sharing feedback and insights with your team. You'll also collaborate with other multidisciplinary Leads, guiding concepts for environments, props, and characters within the Avatar lore.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Leading a team of AAA Concept Artists, by providing constructive feedback, mentoring, and coaching;
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with internal/external partners, and CoDev studios:
- Prioritizing, managing, and planning the team’s deliverables;
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on time and to specification;
- Working together with Producers, Leads, Directors, and other teams to push the overall quality of our project.
You are organized, empathic, and a great communicator in English (our company language), which enables you to build trust with your team and the various stakeholders you’ll collaborate with along the way. You strive for an efficient pipeline, and your previous experience managing a team through a major game release has helped you understand; not only how to build one, but maintain an effective pipeline too, despite the typical game dev pitfalls. As an artist, you ideally have a combination of classical & concept art training, with a focus on games.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include Realistic/Stylized Realism Concept Art, ideally with environments, characters, and props included);
- You've shipped a major project in a Lead role;
- You have proven experience coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback;
- Experience developing Concept Art for a major production, and experience with several development cycles from end-to-end (e.g. concept, production, shipping, and post launch);
- A relevant degree in Game Art, Art, or the equivalent work experience;
- Ability to create environment, character, and prop concept art to AAA standard;
- Advanced understanding of composition and lighting.